Bio Arterial Plus
The Bio Arterial Plus is an Intermittent, Pneumatic High Pressure, Rapid Inflation/Deflation Cycle Compression System that sequentially compresses both the foot and calf in patients suffering primarily from Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD). Outcomes include reduced resting pain (claudication pain), increased walking distance and improved ulcer healing.
IPC therapy should be used under the GUIDANCE OF A HEALTH PROFESSIONAL. Always USE ONLY AS DIRECTED and see your healthcare professional if you have concerns regarding your treatment.
Bio Arterial Plus is an effective system, enhancing arterial blood flow and improving painful legs associated with PAD.
The system is part of our Rent-Try-Buy service, where you can gain up to 3 months rental off the purchase price if you find the product successful for your condition.
Click here for access to the latest clinical studies, education modules and other resources which will help you make an informed choice about our products.
Read more →
Click here for further information about this product including manuals, referral pads, forms, videos etc.
Coming soon →
Let us keep you informed of the latest advances in the field by receiving our news alerts.
Read more →
Intermittent pneumatic compression may be useful for conditions that require improved circulation to the limbs. Speak to your GP, wound care nurse or vascular surgeon for their opinion. The Bio Arterial Plus system may be suitable for patients with:
- Ischaemic disease of the lower extremities
- Arteriopathic wounds
- Intermittent claudication
- Rest pain, Night pain
- Small vessel disease
- Diabetic ulcers
By using the Bioarterial Plus patients may experience:
• Improved arterial inflow
• Reduced resting pain and claudication pain
• Immediate and sustained increase in walking distances
• Wound healing (arterial, neuropathic)
• Limb preservation
• Enhanced development of collateral vessels in legs
• Increased quality of life
By applying pressure to the surface of the limb it promotes the circulation of blood throughout the body. The application of high-level, rapid pressure (120mmHg) optimises venous emptying and leads to an increase in the arterio-venous pressure gradient. This causes a significant increase in oxygenated arterial calf inflow that has been proven to be sustainable over time. (Alvares, 2015; Delis, 2005).
Medi-Rent offers a 24/7 phone service or problem solve any queries or problems you may have. If you cannot get through to our customer service agents, please leave a message and we will return your call ASAP.
IPC and the Bio Arterial Plus system is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Uncontrolled congestive heart failure
- Deep vein thrombosis (suspected or present)
- Inflammatory Phlebitis
- Episodes of pulmonary embolism
- Sepsis in the limb
- Cellulitis without appropriate antibiotic coverage
- Immediately following skin grafts in/ around treatment sites
- Pulmonary oedema associated with congestive heart failure
- Acute thrombophlebitis
- Continuous or 1-hour treatment
- Compliance meter for clinicians to monitor treatment
- Product weight 3.4 kg
- Product size 14 x 30 x 20 cm
- Compression time: 4 Seconds (+/-0.5 Seconds)
- Non-compression: 16 Seconds (+/-3.0 Seconds)
- Delay between foot and calf: 1 Second (+/-0.5 Seconds)
- Two sizes of garments
At Medi-Rent we are here to help
Our service representatives have a wealth of knowledge about our products and how they may suit you.