Bio Compression 8-Chamber Garments
Sequential Intermittent Pneumatic Compression (SIPC) therapy is the process of applying external pressure to the limbs to promote the circulation of blood and lymphatic fluid from the extremities of the body. This 8-chamber garment offers custom sizing and superior garment construction. The garment features independently controlled pressure chambers which prevent gapping, peaks or valleys, or bleed-through with the delivered pressure.SIPC therapy should be used under the GUIDANCE OF A HEALTH PROFESSIONAL. Always USE ONLY AS DIRECTED and see your healthcare professional if you have concerns regarding your treatment.
The 8-chamber garments are custom sized, providing great coverage to treat any size leg.
All equipment adheres to Australian healthcare standards in cleaning and disinfection between clients. In addition to our rigorous methods, our facilities are regularly tested by an independent laboratory to ensure cleanliness and safety.
Click here to access our online Learning Hub for education modules, research summaries, case studies and other resources which will assist you with prescribing and using compression pumps. Read more →
Click here for further information about this product including manuals, referral pads, forms, videos etc. Read more →
Let us keep you informed of the latest advances in the field by receiving our news alerts. Read more →
Intermittent pneumatic compression may be useful for conditions that require improved circulation or the removal of lymph fluid build-up (or oedema) from the limbs or trunk. Speak to your lymphoedema therapist, wound care nurse, GP or vascular surgeon for their opinion. The Biocompression pump can be used in the comfort of the home yielding great results with 30 min-1 hour sessions once or twice a day.
Regular home management of oedema using SIPC can be more cost effective long term than one-on-one therapy sessions. Pneumatic compression therapy is easy and comfortable. If you find compression stockings hot or difficult to put on, a compression pump might be the answer. The Biocompression 8-Chamber garment system offers the following features:
- Directional flow, sequential compression, non-peristaltic
- 8-level gradient pressure
- Variable pressure 20-120mmHg – TO BE SELECTED BY YOUR HEALTH PROFESSIONAL
- Five cycle times to suit your condition
- Focus mode to target the treatment on a particular part of your limb
- The 8-chamber garment provides compression of legs
- Custom sizing to fit your unique body shape and provide best coverage and compression – for purchase only
- Easy to put on with two front zippers and pull-on straps
Intermittent pneumatic compression mimics the body’s manual lymphatic drainage. By applying pressure to the surface of the limb it promotes the circulation of blood/fluid throughout the body. In the classic mode, each chamber inflates and deflates sequentially starting from the extremity and moving towards the centre of the body. SIPC provides best results when compression stockings or wraps are used post-therapy to maintain the oedema reduction.
Medi-Rent offers a 24/7 phone service or problem solve any queries or problems you may have. If you cannot get through to our customer service agents, please leave a message and we will return your call ASAP.
Intermittent pneumatic compression is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Untreated non-pitting chronic lymphoedema
- During an acute flare up or infection of the skin, eg cellulitis/erysipelas
- Uncontrolled/severe cardiac failure
- Pulmonary oedema
- Ischaemic vascular disease
- Active metastatic disease affecting oedematous region
- Oedema at the root of the affected limb or truncal oedema
- Severe peripheral neuropathy
- Variable pressure from 20-120mmHg (10mmHg increments).
- Product weight 2.4 kg
- Product size – dimensions variable
Purchase custom garments: $3245Price includes 8-chamber garments and pump. Comfort liners $20/pair Please call us to discuss terms, conditions, and delivery / collection options.
Blog SIPC & Lymphoedema
At Medi-Rent we are here to help
Our service representatives have a wealth of knowledge about our products and how they may suit you.