LX9 Compression Pump
Sequential Intermittent Pneumatic Compression (SIPC) therapy is the process of applying external pressure to the limbs to promote the circulation of blood and lymphatic fluid from the extremities of the body. The LX9 device works using pneumatic compression in a variety of garments – arm, leg or abdomen and groin.
*NEW* Arm-Vest garment available.
SIPC therapy should be used under the GUIDANCE OF A HEALTH PROFESSIONAL. Always USE ONLY AS DIRECTED and see your healthcare professional if you have concerns regarding your treatment.
Renting before you buy is a great way to try whether a product is suitable for you.
All equipment adheres to Australian healthcare standards in cleaning and disinfection between clients. In addition to our rigorous methods, our facilities are regularly tested by an independent laboratory to ensure cleanliness and safety.
Click here for access to the latest clinical studies and other resources which will help you make an informed choice about our products.
Read more →
Click here for further information about this product including manuals, referral pads, forms, videos etc.
Read more →
Let us keep you informed of the latest advances in the field by receiving our news alerts.
Read more →
Intermittent pneumatic compression may be useful for conditions that require improved circulation or the removal of lymph fluid build-up (or oedema) from the limbs or trunk. Speak to your lymphoedema therapist, wound care nurse, GP or vascular surgeon for their opinion.
The LX9 can be used in the comfort of the home yielding great results with 30 minute sessions twice a day.
Regular home management of oedema using SIPC can be more cost effective long term than one-on-one therapy sessions. We also offer a Rent Try Buy scheme. If you decide to purchase your machine, we will refund up to three months of paid rental off the purchase price.
Medi-Rent offers limb garments in the price of the rental, unlike some competitors who charge fees to purchase garments on top of the cost of the pump.
Pneumatic compression therapy is easy and comfortable. If you find compression stockings hot or difficult to put on, a compression pump might be the answer.
The LX9 offers the following features:
- An intuitive digital screen which is easy to read and use
- Six speed cycles (your therapist can explain which is right for you) or a continuous mode (max pressure of 80mmHg)
- Four modes of treatment: pre-therapy; classic sequential; distal intensive; wave)
- Variable pressure 10-140mmHg – TO BE SELECTED BY YOUR HEALTH PROFESSIONAL
- A built-in safety mechanism to prevent users from knocking the pressure amount by mistake
- Simple arm garment or two leg garments included in the price. Other garments available for additional cost. Contact customer service 1300 726 666 for pricing.
Intermittent pneumatic compression mimics the body’s manual lymphatic drainage. By applying pressure to the surface of the limb it promotes the circulation of blood/fluid throughout the body. In the classic mode, each chamber inflates and deflates sequentially starting from the extremity and moving towards the centre of the body.
SIPC provides best results when used in conjunction with compression stockings (SIPC removes oedema fluid and compression stockings prevent re-accumulation).
Whilst most of our customers have great success with the LX9 compression pump, it doesn’t suit some individuals. Therefore, our option to rent before you buy is an excellent choice to get started. You are also eligible to receive three months off the purchase price if you choose to go ahead and buy your device.
Medi-Rent offers a 24/7 phone service or problem solve any queries or problems you may have. If you cannot get through to our customer service agents, please leave a message and we will return your call ASAP.
Intermittent pneumatic compression is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Untreated non-pitting chronic lymphoedema
- During an acute flare up or infection of the skin, eg cellulitis/erysipelas
- Uncontrolled/severe cardiac failure
- Pulmonary oedema
- Ischaemic vascular disease
- Active metastatic disease affecting oedematous region
- Oedema at the root of the affected limb or truncal oedema
- Severe peripheral neuropathy
- Variable pressure from 10-140mmHg (10mmHg increments).
- Four modes of compression – pre-clearance, classic sequential, distal oedema and wave
- Garments: simple arm, arm-vest, legs, trunk
- Power AC 220-240V, 50/60Hz
- AC 100-127V, 50/60Hz
- Time range 5-90 minutes; or continuous (pressure max 80mmHg)
- Product weight 2 kg
- Product size 260 x 160 x 120mm
Rent: $140 per month. Purchase: $1750
Price includes two full leg boots OR a single arm garment.
For trunk or arm-vest garments an additional rental/purchase cost is involved. Please call customer service on 1300 726 666 for pricing.
Comfort liners $20/pair
Please call us to discuss terms, conditions, and delivery / collection options.
We offer a Rent Try Buy scheme for this product. If you decide to purchase a compression pump, we will refund up to 3 months of paid rental off the purchase price.
Having had chemo and radiotherapy plus 17 lymph nodes out from under my arm, it has left me with excruciating pain and the pump from Medi-Rent takes all the pain away – it is a magic piece of equipment for me.
The pump is working incredibly, I saw my therapist recently and she said there has been a 17% reduction in my lymphoedema. I’m so happy that she suggested it.
Blog SIPC & Lymphoedema
At Medi-Rent we are here to help
Our service representatives have a wealth of knowledge about our products and how they may suit you.