Genadyne – Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
Genadyne specialises in Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) systems and advanced wound dressings that facilitate wound healing. Through continuous research and development, Genadyne has been able to provide a new dimension to wound care and has been able to create some of the most advanced, cost-effective products for the healthcare community. Products include a disposable unit called the Uno, a range of canister and foam sizes, a silver dressing kit and a unique bridging system. Find out more below.
Negative Pressure Wound therapy must only be used under the GUIDANCE OF A HEALTH PROFESSIONAL. Always USE ONLY AS DIRECTED and see your healthcare professional if you have concerns with your treatment.
Trust the rental professionals to manage your equipment fleet in the community.
Click here for access to the latest clinical studies and other resources which will help you make an informed choice about our products.
Sign up to our Learning Hub →
Click here for further information about this product including manuals, referral pads, forms, videos etc.
Sign up to our Learning Hub →
Let us keep you informed of the latest advances in the field by receiving our news alerts.
Subscribe by joining our Learning Hub →
- Our green foam has a superior formula which gives it: better strength, enhanced filtering, and non-adherent properties to ease dressing changes
- A range of foam shapes and sizes available
- Larger canisters for equal or less price than the competitors
- Intermittent and variable options
- A disposable option – the Uno
- The ability to control the angle of your bridge
- Medi-Rent’s proven experience with tracking and managing rental equipment in the community
- The XLR8’s advanced variable pressure capabilities allow different negative pressures to be used without the downsides of intermittent therapy.
- By maintaining negative pressure throughout the cycle, the pump avoids losing an airtight seal or displacing the dressing, which would allow exudate to pool in the wound bed.
- This gradual “wave” is gentler to the patient, increasing blood flow to the peri-wound and preventing ischemia. The changes in pressure are imperceptible to the patient, increasing patient comfort and compliance.
- Without the sudden peaks in pressure from intermittent therapy, in-growth of the granulation tissue to the foam dressing is virtually eliminated which makes dressing changes less stressful and less painful to the patient.
- Operates for 15 days
- Small, discreet, comfortable and lightweight: 400 grams
- Simple, easy, clear and intuitive interface
- Two pressure settings:
- Continuous at 80mmHg or 125mmHg
- Variable at 80mmHh / 30mmHg or 125mmHg / 30mmHg
- Our green colour was chosen to allow clinicians to better differentiate between viable and nonviable tissue in the wound bed. The colour contrast increases differentiation with the wound bed.
- Genadyne Green Foam is a fully reticulated polyurethane foam made with polyether resin to allow better hydrolytic stability. The design increases performance under pressure and in moist environments.
- The Duodecahedron cell structure gives a three-dimensional skeletal strand to the cells providing enhanced filtering qualities and increasing the removal of exudate and infectious materials. This cell structure also increases tensile strength to prevent fraying. Fraying is significantly reduced, preventing stray pieces from being left in the wound bed.
- The combination of cell structure and composition gives the foam a non-adherent property, allowing for easier removal during dressing changes, thereby reducing pain and discomfort.
- The foam creates direct contact with the wound bed, allowing for even distribution of pressure. This assists in reducing edema and promotes tissue perfusion and granulation.
Negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) is a therapeutic technique using a vacuum pump and sealed wound dressing to promote healing in acute or chronic wounds. Benefiting from a closed, moist wound environment, it works by drawing wound edges together, removing exudate and infectious materials and promotes granulation tissue formation.
Medi-Rent offers a 24/7 phone service or problem solve any queries or problems you may have. If you cannot get through to our customer service agents, please leave a message and we will return your call ASAP.
At Medi-Rent we are here to help
Our service representatives have a wealth of knowledge about our products and how they may suit you.